Saturday, May 26, 2012

Mariachi Band of Lion Dancing

One thing that I have been doing for quite some time, is Chinese Lion and Dragon Dancing with [Lee's Golden Dragon]. I have been doing it for 13 years now, and I am grateful for all the things I have been able to do with the dance troupe. I've performed for three mayors of Houston, [Lee Brown, Bill White, & Annise Parker], the Houston Rockets, and various other venues like banks, restaurants, events, and weddings. I have also traveled to Lake Tahoe, Las Vegas, Dallas, Lake Charles, and even Mexico with the team. I guess I'm pretty lucky to have done all of that.


Tonight, we had a show at the [Heights Theater] for a wedding that involved a Hispanic groom and an Asian bride. We performed a traditional Chinese lion dance for them and I was the Buddha for the show, and what they wanted in the end of the performance, was to have us dance with a [Mariachi Band]. So.. I danced with the mariachi band, shook my [booty], and it was honestly, by far, the most fun I've ever had doing one of these shows.


This show made me really think about my previous post. Doing something that takes skill, practice, and endurance. Lion Dancing is in fact something I know how to do, even though I may not be the best, I can surely practice, and one day I might just be able to do something like....this:





No comments:

Post a Comment