Sunday, May 27, 2012

Grateful For My Parents.

Today was one of the most [stressful] and [frustrating] days at work.

I don't quite understand how someone can not be able to learn the simple things that most parents teach their children: 

[Respect] [Work Ethic] [Manners] [Language] [Professionalism] [Honesty] [Character] [Accountability] [Common-Courtesy] [Morals]

From the old saying ["Is that what your mother taught you?"], makes me question what causes a person to develop bad habits and bad behaviors. I understand that people grow up differently, and their life experiences are different as well, but is that an excuse for bad manners?

I am very grateful that my parents taught me the difference between right and wrong. When I lied, I would be punished for doing so. When I didn't do well in school, I had things taken away from me. When I didn't mow the lawn, clean my room, or do my homework, I was going to do it one way or another, [Laziness] was not an option. My parents taught me valuable lessons that no one could ever teach me. How to work hard for things that I wanted. 

These days it seems like everyone wants things handed to them on silver platters. If it's the fact that you grew up impoverish, I don't think that's a good reason, because money has nothing to deal with any of the things I listed above. 

Thank you [Mom] and [Dad] for raising me into the [Man] that I am today!



No comments:

Post a Comment